ENCATC develops and influences policies by engaging in advocacy actions through partnerships, advice, policy recommendations, consultations, meetings and public speeches. Since 1992, ENCATC is a key partner for constructive dialogue with UNESCO, the Council Of Europe, the European Commission, the Europian Parliament and Member States. In 2011, to press Europe to invest more in cultural heritage, ENCATC joined the Alliance 3.3.
Annual Policy Debates
Every year, ENCATC engages in a policy debate with the aim of identifying new business models, innovative funding schemes and investment practices in the cultural and creative sector. ENCATC members, academics, researchers, cultural operators, policy makers, economics experts and students are invited to attend.
ENCATC provides expertise in the development and implementation of European and national policies, legislation and programmes of interest for cultural education and training institutions.
Cultural and Creative Industries Platform
Access to Culture platform
European Heritage Alliance 3.3
Creative Europe is the new EU programme dedicated to the cultural and creative sectors and is expected to run from 2014-2020. With the ambition to provide policy makers with an overview of the reactions from the cultural and creative sector, ENCATC has collected and mapped the responses to the European Commission’s “Creative Europe” proposal.
So far we have collected more than 15 position papers written by cultural stakeholders and regional authorities representing a wide range interests across the sector. ENCATC will continue to add more position papers as they become available in order to provide policy makers and the general public with a central resource and overview of responses.
ENCATC response to Creative Europe :
- Budapest Observatory
- Committee of Regions
- Culture Action Europe
- Europa Nostra
- European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations (EBLIDA)
- European Cultural Foundation (ECF)
- European Music Council
- European Music Office
- European Parliament - Creative Europe Draft Report
- European Parliament - Creative Europe Culture Strand
- European Parliament - Creative Europe Media Strand
- European Theatre Convention (ETC)
- Federation of European Film Directors
- International Network for Contemporary Arts (IETM)
- Museums Association
- Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO)
- Tandem - Cultural Managers Exchange
- 2018 : ENCATC and the European Commission’s Communication Strengthening European Identity through Education and Culture
- 2017 : Brussels Manifesto on Arts Management, Cultural Management and Policy Education
- 2014 : ENCATC response to the public consultation on the Europe 2020 strategy
- 2012 : ENCATC response to the EU Programme Creative Europe
- 2010 : ENCATC response to EC Green Paper on Culture and Creative Industries