AI embraced: the future of the culture and creative sector
When discussing artificial intelligence,
both inside and outside the cultural sector, it becomes evident
that questions rather than answers currently dominate the
field: How is AI impacting our sector? How will AI change cultural policy,
management, education, and research? How can we profit from it and grow with
it? Is AI here to stay?
Centered on "Artificial Intelligence: impact on cultural policy, management, education and research", the next ENCATC Congress on Cultural Management and Policy will take place on 11-13 October 2023 in Helsinki, Finland.
It will provide a platform for researchers, educators, practitioners and policymakers to come together and discuss about the impact of Artificial Intelligence on the cultural field, with special attention to education and research.
It will feature keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops, and networking sessions that will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of AI and its potential for transforming policy approaches, management, research and education in the field of culture.
The Congress will focus on the following objectives:
- Explore the opportunities offered and the challenges posed by AI as a tool for innovation and growth in the cultural and creative sectors;
- Discuss how different stakeholders from the cultural field are experimenting with AI-powered tools and technologies to enhance learning and creativity;
- Explore the ethical, legal, and social implications of AI in cultural policy, management, education and research, including issues related to bias in the knowledge production and transmission;
- Reflect on the possible job loss or privacy needs in the cultural and creative sectors linked to the rise of AI;
- Learn from best practices and successful case studies in AI-powered cultural policymaking, education and research.
At the Congress, among others, participants will learn about AI applications in museums and galleries, performing arts, language learning, curriculum development, and virtual and augmented reality.
They will also have the opportunity to see cutting-edge AI-powered tools and technologies that can enhance learning, creativity, and cultural experiences.
The Congress will be held in a hybrid format, combining online and in-person participation options to ensure maximum accessibility and reach. Our goal is to create a collaborative and inclusive environment that fosters learning, innovation, and creativity.
Topics to be covered are:
- The uses and impact of AI in cultural management and policy
- The role of AI and digital transformation in the cultural and creative sectors and industries
- AI in education and research: new opportunities and challenges
- The role of AI in cultural preservation and heritage
- Ethical considerations in AI development and application in education and research – including plagiarism, copyright and licensing issues
- AI and the future of work in the cultural and creative sectors
- AI and accessibility: ensuring equity and inclusion in the field of cultural management and policy
We look forward to welcoming you in Helsinki for the 2023 ENCATC Congress. Join us to explore the potential of AI for education and culture, and to experience the unique Nordic culture and lifestyle.