On 4 October 2019 in Dijon, France, academics, researchers and practitioners from Europe and beyond will present their latest work during this session, organised in the framework of the 2019 ENCATC Congress on Cultural Management and Policy "Diversity and sustainability at work. Policies and practices from culture and education” (2-5 October). This gathering of the international education and research community will provide a unique interdisciplinary environment to get the latest world-class research conducted on cultural management and policy.
OPEN CALL - DEADLINE 25 MAY 2019
The open call welcomes submissions for abstracts, posters and teaching demonstrations until 25 May 2019. Proposals may be from any relevant discipline will be considered, provided that they make an original academic and professional contribution to the study and practice of cultural management and cultural policy.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Themes related to the main topic of the Congress “Diversity and sustainability at work. Policies and practices from culture and education” are encouraged to critically address diversity and sustainability in an operating context, exploring the practical meanings of diversity in the cultural and creative sector, investigate how its different connotations are implemented in practice, and how they are contributing to the sustainability discourse in the field.
Contributions could be related, but not limited to the following topics:
- Understanding diversity and sustainability as a phenomenon in the cultural and creative sector: Socio-economic perspectives, evolution in the sustainability debate, developments in managerial and policy approaches
- Meanings and interpretation of diversity in the cultural and creative field: What does it mean promoting and protecting diversity in the cultural and creative sector? Which dimensions of diversity are included (e.g. diversity of artists/inclusion of different categories of artists; diversity of business models; diversity of audiences; diversity in creative spaces such as co-working and incubators places; diversity of governance and management models, etc.)?
- Contribution of diversity to the sustainability discourse: How is diversity inserted in the framework of the broader sustainability discourse? Which dimensions of sustainability are expressing the need for diversity? Are there peculiarities concerning the cultural and creative sector?
- Teaching diversity and sustainability: How are academic and training programmes addressing the themes of diversity and sustainability? What are the emerging pedagogical approaches? What are the innovations in teaching diversity and sustainability? What are the problem-solving approaches on creativity, pedagogy, practice and research?
- Diversity for sustainable development in cities and regions: What does it mean promoting and protecting diversity in local sustainable development programmes? How is diversity relating to the implementation of sustainable cultural/creative-driven and cultural/creative-led models? What are interesting case studies and examples?
HOW TO MAKE A SUBMISSION
Submit an abstract with the aim to present your paper contributing to cultural management and cultural policy research.
Submit a proposal for the Poster Exhibition with the aim to present a research, practical or pedagogical project within cultural management and policy and with a connection to the main theme of the Congress.
Submit a proposal for a Teaching Demonstration with the aim to provide innovative teaching methods and pedagogical tools to be applied within cultural management and policy.
- Saturday, May 25th, 2019: Deadline for abstract, poster and teachings demonstration proposals.
- Monday, June 17th, 2019: Authors are communicated the selection.
- Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019: Deadline for participation confirmation.
- Saturday, July 27th, 2019: Final papers are due (5,000-7,000 words, only for abstract sessions; further guidelines will be provided in due course).
Any questions regarding the Education and Research Session of the ENCATC Annual Congress should be e-mailed to Ms Isabel Verdet (email@example.com).
The 2019 ENCATC Education and Research Session is done in partnership with the Burgundy School of Business, a member of ENCATC.
ENCATC is co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.