Call for submissions
The 2021 ENCATC Education and Research Session will be held on 21 October during the 2021 ENCATC Digital Congress (19-22 October) on the theme of "Artists in the spotlight! In search of new agendas for education and research in the cultural management and policy field".
On 11 June, ENCATC launched the open call for submissions inviting abstracts, teaching demonstrations, and panel proposals for a special German language sessions!
- DOWNLOAD THE CALL (PDF)
- DEADLINE: 26 JULY 2021 AT MIDNIGHT CEST
Themes related to the main topic of the 2021 ENCATC Digital Congress are encouraged to critically reflect on the implications for cultural management and policy education and research of the situation of artists with regard to the current, multi-dimensional crisis, and before the scenario(s) ahead, considering not only the health crisis, but also other dimensions of the current context, such as climate change, societal changes, etc. A comprehensive view on the issue is proposed, which considers not only the status of the artist in terms of professionalization, standards, etc., but also encourages an examination of the roles assigned to artists in society and the territory in the forthcoming scenarios.
Topics of interest
Submissions are invited relating to the topics of:
- The role of artists and other cultural professionals in applying sustainability values in the cultural and creative sectors (CCS).
- The role of artists in the new agenda for research and education in cultural management and policy.
- A new agenda for cultural policy?
- Old and newly developed [digital] formats, organisational and business models.
- Impact of COVID-19 on the cultural and creative sectors