Following the success of 2019 ENCATC Congress on Cultural Management and Policy "Diversity and sustainability at work. Policies and practices from culture and education" held in BSB from 2-4 October, this research seminar continues to discuss the issue of sustainability in art and cultural sector. Particularly, human and financial sustainability are brought into discussion.
- How can cultural organizations ensure that the cultural and social objectives are met, while ensuring financial sustainability?
- What is the impact of the new ways of financing, such as crowdfunding campaign and fundraising by board member?
- How is sustainability interpreted in art market, following the formation of art price in contemporary art?
- What are the new thoughts of human sustainability brings to art and culture studies?
- How does human sustainability offer new insights for the training and education of cultural entrepreneurs?
These questions will be addressed through studies in cultural heritage, art auction, higher education
and art projects by international researchers, both from BSB and from foreign universities and
This research workshop is part of The Entrepreneurship in Culture in Burgundy-Franche-Comté Forum (Rencontres de l'Entrepreneuriat). The Forum is part of the national dynamic forum initiated by the Ministry of Culture, with the support of the DRAC Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, the Regional Council of Burgundy-Franche-Comté, the Côte d'Or County Council. The aim of the forum is to foster the development of cultural and creative entrepreneurship in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté via debates, education and networking for cultural and creative entrepreneurs.