The ENCATC Congress will be held in Helsinki, Finland. The venues where it will take place are: Musiikkitalo (Sibelius Academy); Arcada University of Applied Sciences; Helsinki City Hall. Various Study Visits will also take place on Day 1 in different locations around the city.
Click here to access the GoogleMaps list with all locations involved in the 2023 Congress.
Day 1 - Wednesday 11 October 2023
9:00 – 12:30 Musiikkitalo (Sibelius Academy), Töölönlahdenkatu 16 C, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
14:00 – 17:00 Study Visits locations
18:15 – 20:00 City Hall of Helsinki, Old Court House, Aleksanterinkatu 20, Helsinki
Day 2 - Thursday 12 October 2023
9:00 – 21:30 ARCADA University of Applied Sciences, Jan-Magnus Janssonin aukio 1, 00550 Helsinki, Finland
Day 3 - Friday 13 October 2023
9:00 – 14:00 Musiikkitalo (Sibelius
Academy), Töölönlahdenkatu 16 C, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
To enter Finland, you need to be in possession of an official travel document. Your travel documents (passport, ID card if coming from an EU Member State, or other) need to be valid for the whole stay in Finland.
Before travelling consult the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland website to check if you need a visa to enter.
In case of emergency or for travel recommendations, please check the list of Finland’s embassies and other missions abroad on the Finland Abroad website.
At ENCATC we encourage travels that minimize carbon footprint. This commitment is part of our green policy and our ongoing eco-labelling process together with the SHIFT network. There is no genius solution for a sustainable and slow travel but please consider alternatives whenever possible.
In case you travel to Finland by car you might want to connect with other ENCATC members attending the 2023 Congress from your vicinity for a potential carpool. In case of flying, consider a direct connection (if available), which has a lower carbon emission than a flight with a change-over. Walking, cycling, or public transportation should be used for travel within Helsinki.
Helsinki is well connected with most of the capitals in Europe and is served with one airport: Helsinki Airport | Finavia. Helsinki Airport locates 20 kilometres from Helsinki City Centre, which it takes around 30 minutes by car or the train to reach. From the airport you can take a train, bus, or taxi to reach your destination. Check the timetables, prices, and time estimations for each option via this page.
VR, the Finnish Rail Operator, has reliable and frequent train services operating to most parts of the country.
The main bus and coach company operating in Finland is Oy Matkahuolto Ab, which offers long-distance coach connections to practically all parts of Finland.
If you're travelling via Sweden, Estonia, or Germany, you may also take a ferry ride to Helsinki. Modern fast ferries and cruise ships connect Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Turku and Aland Islands. You can book your cruise with Tallink Silja line.
If you are driving into Helsinki, you can avoid and help reduce congestion by utilising HSL’s Park & Ride facilities at public transport stations and stops. In the centre of Helsinki it is recommended to walk or use public transport. Find all information about parking and driving options on the My Helsinki website.
Helsinki has an excellent public transport system (HSL) comprising bus, tram, metro, commuter train and ferry services. With a single ticket you can hop aboard trams, buses, the metro and even the municipal ferry to Suomenlinna.
Please find here the link for an app you must download to buy tram tickets, as it’s not possible to pay with a credit card directly on the tram.
If you are interested in receiving recommendations before booking your accommodation in Helsinki, please consult this curated list of hotels suggested by our local partners:
Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre
- Address: Elielinaukio 5
- 5 min walking from Sibelius Academy, 25 min by public transport from Arcada University
- Price per single room €169,00, price per double room €189,00,
- 4 stars, breakfast included
Scandic Grand Central
- Address: Vilhonkatu 13
- 12 min walking from Sibelius Academy, 25 min public transport from Arcada University
- Price per single room €169,00, price per double room €189,00
- 4 stars, breakfast included
- Address: Kalevankatu 3 B
- 15 min walking from Sibelius Academy,30 min public transport from Arcada University
- Price per single room €97,00, price per twin room €105.60, price per double room €116.45
- 2 stars, breakfast not included, discount code ENCATC
- Address: Mannerheimintie 50
- 15 min walking from Sibelius Academy, 30 min public transport from Arcada University
- Price per single room €157,00, price per double room €177,00
- 4 stars, breakfast included
Check your roaming conditions in the EU/Belgium directly with your existing mobile operator.
The international dialing code for Finland: +358
Police: 114 14
Fire department: 116 117
Poison information center 24h toll free: 0800 147 111
Helsinki health care 24h: 116 117
The emergency phone number in Finland is 112 . Please call 112 if you need urgent medical attention or help from firefighters or police.
You can also consult this page for urgent and emergency care services in Helsinki.
Currently, in Finland there are no COVID-19 restrictions on border traffic. For all information on guidelines and restrictions on traveling, please visit the Finnish Border Guard website.
Following the COVID-19 pandemic, for the duration of the Congress we've put extra measures in place for the safety of participants and our staff members. Safety remains our top priority, and we are taking proactive steps to ensure a secure and hygienic environment during the event.
We urge all attendees to remain vigilant and adhere to the following safety protocols throughout the event:
- Mask Usage: You are encouraged to wear a mask covering both your nose and mouth.
- Hand Hygiene: Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Respiratory Etiquette: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze, and dispose of used tissues in provided bins.
- Maintain Distance: Maintain a safe distance from others and follow any designated distancing markers or instructions.
- Self-Monitoring: If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please seek medical assistance and refrain from attending the event.
Your cooperation and compliance with these safety measures are essential in creating a secure and responsible environment for all attendees. We appreciate your understanding and commitment to the health and safety of our Congress community.