New programme details for 2018 ENCATC International Study Tour in Tokyo
From 5-9 November in Tokyo, the 2018 ENCATC International Study Tour will deliver an exciting programme for an intensive learning experience and once in a lifetime opportunity to access key Japanese cultural and education institutions and meet their leaders!
Over the course of 5 days, the programme includes the 2018 ENCATC Academy on Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy and Study Visits for professionals who are academics, researchers, cultural operators, creators, decision makers, and artists eager to learn, from inside, the cultural management and cultural policy in Japan.
Moreover, with the International Study Tour programme in Tokyo, ENCATC wants to back up recent EU-Japan policy developments, foster international mobility of people and ideas, allow joint projects between universities and/or cultural organisations based Japan, Europe and beyond to flourish, as well as give participants from different world regions access to current research trends in Japan, and grow their professional network.
The 2018 ENCATC Academy on Cultural Policy & Cultural Diplomacy from 5-6 November will have leading experts from Japan and Europe to deliver key insights and experiences in the following areas:
- European Perspectives on Japanese Cultural Policy, Relations & Diplomacy
- Japan’s Cultural Policy & Practice
- Japan’s Cultural and Creative Industries
- Doing Cultural Diplomacy in Japan
- Tokyo as a world city, its cultural policy, Tokyo's cultural programme and 2020 Olympic Games
- Promoting cooperation between EU and Japanese universities
After the Academy, 7-9 November will continue with the Tour's Study Visits to: The National Art Center; The MORI Building Digital Art Museum; The Yayoi Kusama Museum; Arts Council Tokyo/Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture; and The Japan Foundation for Regional Art-Activities (JAFRA). The Study Visits will provide an exciting insider experience into Tokyo’s vibrant and fast-paced arts and cultural scene to:
- understand what is happening in the city's arts and cultural institutions
- meet with top professionals to learn about their cultural institution's business models, best practices, audiences, partnership strategies
- come away with new inspiration for education programmes, research activities, and projects
- build strong foundations for future collaborations to advance your institution's international cultural and educational relations
Registration is open until 1 November: http://blogs.encatc.org/internationaltour/registration/ Members of ENCATC, TACPS and AAAE can benefit from special rates!
Learn more about the International Study Tour here: http://blogs.encatc.org/internationaltour/