CONNECT is a Knowledge Alliance that promotes innovative cooperation between universities and enterprises in the cultural sector across Europe.
During the project a new Twin-track programme in audience development for students and practitioners working in arts management will be designed and launched by a transnational team of 54 researchers, teachers and trainers in 5 national hubs in Spain, UK, Italy, Denmark and Poland, each one composed by higher education institutions and private cultural organisations. The programme is based on multidisciplinary training modules mixing formal and informal learning methodologies and digital resources. Parallel running sessions will introduce audience development theory, practice and philosophy, transfer management and strategic skills, and develop entrepreneurial skills through a mentoring and coaching scheme matching students and professionals in practice-based learning activities.
Over the course of 36 months, 3 universities from ES, PL, UK, 5 private organisations from IT, ES, DK and UK, 1 public body, the City of Warsaw and 1 major EU network from BE, will join efforts to CONNECT students and practitioners to the real-world job market by developing entrepreneurship and leadership skills.
CONNECT will achieve the following results:
- A new Programme with a Mentoring and Coaching Scheme for the development of transversal skills, reflective practice, entrepreneurial mind-set to adapt to continuous change in the labour market.
- 2 Summer Schools and 2 EU forums in audience development.
- Impact: 100 staff professionals, up to 80 researchers/teachers/trainers for up to 500 learners.
- A EU platform with new digital resources supporting audience development internationally, by drawing on academic sources and in-work practice.
- A mutually supportive network and learning community of academics, practitioners and students in the arts management field.
- An innovative model of cooperation between universities and cultural organisations.