The ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy is an annual publication with articles on cultural research, launched in October 2011. The objective of this academic journal is to stimulate the debate on the topics of cultural management and cultural policy among scholars, educators, policy makers and cultural managers. The Journal is based on a multidisciplinary perspective and aims at connecting theory and practice in the realm of the cultural sector.
All articles must be submitted by email in Word format to Cristina Ortega, ENCATC Journal Editor-in-chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW IS MY SUBMISSION REVIEWED?
All articles submitted for publication in the ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy go through a double-blind peer review process. A double-blind review creates anonymity for both authors and reviewers. The Advisory Board will not be informed of the authors’ names or institutions in the submitted article. The editors reserve the right to make a first prior selection in case a big amount of papers is received.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY WORK?
All articles must be submitted electronically in Word format and sent to Cristina Ortega, ENCATC Journal Editor-in-chief, at email@example.com, by the deadline as stated in the corresponding call for articles. Articles submitted after this deadline or those that do not follow the guidelines below will not be considered for publication in the ENCATC Journal.
WHAT ARE THE SUBMISSION CRITERIA?
- Papers may be submitted in English only. It is highly recommended
that authors whose native language is not
English have their papers professionally proofread before submission.
Papers may be rejected if the English is poor or
if there are many major errors present.
- No contribution will be accepted which has been published elsewhere, unless it is expressly invited or agreed by ENCATC. Papers and contributions accepted for publication become the copyright of the publisher unless otherwise stated.
- Academic contributions should be between 6,000 and 7,000 words in length (this word count does not include references).
- All papers should be accompanied by up to five keywords and by a short abstract outlining the paper’s aims, main conclusions, and, if applicable, the methodology used (up to 150 words).
- Papers should be accompanied by a separate Word document that includes a short (about 50 words) description of the author(s) and, if appropriate, the organization of which he or she is a member.
- See the template for more instructions on how to present the paper and guidelines to follow for texts, tables, images, footnotes, references, etc.
WHAT DO I AGREE TO IF MY WORK IS PUBLISHED IN THE ENCATC JOURNAL?
The ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy is an online open access publication. By submitting your article to this review process you are giving ENCATC the right to:
- publish it in the Journal and circulate it among ENCATC members, stakeholders and the scientific community;
- make appropriate changes related to correctness of grammar or spelling, or to ensure conformity to the Journal’s style;
- make all final layout and design decisions for the Journal and the articles to assure visual coherence.
Authors’ whose work is published also agree to:
- making all reasonable efforts to ensure the accurate reproduction of text, photographs and illustrations – ENCATC does not accept responsibility for mistakes, be they editorial or typographical, nor for consequences resulting from them;
- ensuring that references to named people and/or organizations are accurate, non-discriminatory with regard to race or sex and without libelous implications;
- opinions expressed in the ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy are solely those of the authors;
- bear the responsibility for checking whether material submitted is subject to copyright or ownership rights (e.g., photographs, illustrations, trade literature and data) and will inform the publisher where use is so restricted.
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
For questions about the submission guidelines for the ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy, please write to Cristina Ortega, ENCATC Journal Editor-in-chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.