Entitled New Horizons of Culture, Media and Arts in The Digital Environment, the conference theme addresses the challenging relations between the human experience and practices from the fields of arts and culture, sciences, activisms, theory and politics in the process of the fourth industrial revolution. The conference will explore these issues from perspectives of Cultural and literary studies, Media and film studies, Performing arts studies, Cultural management and cultural policy, and will offer possible cross-disciplinary answers and proposals for actions. The conference New Horizons of Culture, Media and Arts in The Digital Environment will host key note speakers: Dr. Joanne Garde-Hansen from University of Warwick and Dr. Raphaela Henze from Heilbronn University. The conference guest speaker will be Cambodian documentary film director and screenwriter and director of Bophana Center for Audio-visual Memory in Phnom Penh, Mr Rithy Panh, while artist talk will be given by Belgrade artist and professor of Faculty of Fine Arts Mrdjan Bajic. The conference is organized on the occasion of 30 years of the Institute for Theatre, Film, Radio and Television of the Faculty of Dramatic Arts.
CALL FOR PAPERS - DEADLINE 15 MAY 2019
In line with these research fields, the conference will welcome the panels, presentations and papers that include, but are not limited to the following topics:
- “The digital“ as the social imaginary of today
- Transformations of performing arts, film & media studies in the digital age
- Cultural memory, Cultural differences and transculturalism
- Media production driven by big data and new technologies
- Cultural policies & Cultural Management changes for the digital era
- Implication of digital environment on art marketing
- Narratives of cultural identity and heritage in digital landscapes
- Cultural governance of data, networks and platforms
- Digital humanities, new methodologies and open knowledge ecologies.
Photo credit: "Digital Graphics" by Steve A Johnson via Flickr, CC BY 2.0