European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy, VOL 10, Issues nr. 1 and nr. 2
- Publication dates: December 2020
- Status: Open call for articles. DEADLINE EXTENSION is 09 March 2020 (Issue 1) - CLOSED
- Status: Open call for articles. Deadline is ongoing (Issue 2)
CALL FOR ARTICLES - VOL 10, ISSUE 2
1) Volume 10 nr 1 (2020): Thematic issue on diversity and sustainability at work - CALL CLOSED
2) Volume 10 nr 2 (2020): General issue on new advancements in the cultural and creative domains - CALL ONGOING
Launched in 2011, the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy (ISSN 2663-5771) publishes two issues annually and
provides an open access and interdisciplinary platform for original research
work from the cultural field. The objective of the European Journal of
Cultural Management and Policy is to stimulate the debate on the topics of
cultural management and cultural policy among scholars, educators, policy
makers, and cultural managers. The Journal encourages multidisciplinary
perspectives and aims at connecting theory and practice in the realm of the
Today, 19 November, ENCATC is now launching calls for two issues: A thematic and a general. The first call is for a thematic issue following the topic of 2019 ENCATC Annual Congress: “Diversity and sustainability at work. Policies and practices from culture and education”. ENCATC now invites submissions for this Volume 10 nr 1 thematic issue of the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy, which will be issued in December 2020. Submissions are encouraged to address the critical and inclusive views of:
- Understanding diversity and sustainability as a phenomenon in the cultural and creative sector: Socio-economic perspectives, evolution in the sustainability debate, developments in managerial and policy approaches
- Meanings and interpretation of diversity in the cultural and creative field: What does it mean promoting and protecting diversity in the cultural and creative sector? Which dimensions of diversity are included (e.g. diversity of artists/inclusion of different categories of artists; diversity of business models; diversity of audiences; diversity in creative spaces such as co-working and incubators places; diversity of governance and management models, etc.)?
- Contribution of diversity to the sustainability discourse: How is diversity inserted in the framework of the broader sustainability discourse? Which dimensions of sustainability are expressing the need for diversity? Are there peculiarities concerning the cultural and creative sector?
- Teaching diversity and sustainability: How are academic and training programmes addressing the themes of diversity and sustainability? What are the emerging pedagogical approaches? What are the innovations in teaching diversity and sustainability? What are the problem-solving approaches on creativity, pedagogy, practice and research?
- Diversity for sustainable development in cities and regions: What does it mean promoting and protecting diversity in local sustainable development programmes? How is diversity relating to the implementation of sustainable cultural/creative-driven and cultural/creative-led models? What are interesting case studies and examples?
The deadline extension for all article submissions for Volume 10, nr 1 is 09 March 2020. The received articles will go through a double-blind peer review process. After this, authors will be informed whether the article has been accepted or not. The editors reserve the right to make a first prior selection in case a big amount of papers is received. Please check all the important dates below.
The second call is for a general issue on new advancements in the cultural and creative domains is ongoing. We here invite submissions for the Volume 10 nr 2 general issue of the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy, which will be issued in December 2020.
The deadline for all article submissions for Volume 10, nr 2 is ongoing and are being accepted at any time. For this number, the received articles will also go through a double-blind peer review process. After this, authors will be informed whether the article has been accepted or not. The editors reserve the right to make a first prior selection in case a big amount of papers is received. Please check all the important dates below.
Please send your article manuscripts to publications[@]encatc.org and indicate in the title of your message which issue nr 1 (thematic) or nr 2 (general) you target your submission to.
- Submission deadline extension for Volume 10, nr 1 (Thematic Issue): Monday, 09 March 2020
- Peer review process and communication of the selection: June 2020
- Final manuscript submissions to publisher: August 2020
- Publication date: December 2020
The ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy is indexed in ERIH Plus-European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences and the ESCI-Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)-Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics).
More information about the ENCATC Journal can be found at https://www.encatc.org/en/resources/encatc-journal/