6 creative ENCATC Breakfasts
- Watch the trailer! Get a taste of what you will get from this training.
- Read the testimonials! What are participants saying about this training?
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are all communicating more - if not almost exclusively - online with our audiences while combating information overload.
- How is your cultural or education institution's social media strategy performing to cut through all the noise?
- What is new in our current context that your strategy is not taking into account?
- Are your messages and communication reaching your targeted audiences successfully?
- What could be done better?
This special 6-part online training series from 1 -29 July 2021 will be valuable for arts and cultural institutions, cultural networks, and education and training institutions communicating with their audiences online in order to:
- Improve and build up knowledge and skills in their organisation for post-Covid social media strategy;
- Learn how to have a successful social media strategy in a post-Covid context;
- Become better digital storytellers with more impact;
- Create meaningful digital content that is well structured;
- Nourish and strengthen long-term relationships with audiences.
During the 6 Breakfasts under the guidance and expertise of our trainer, Christopher Hogg, a playwright and lecturer in Creative and Social Media at Royal Holloway, we will try and rip up the rule book and start again coming up with new exciting ideas and split events into Pre-promotion, then Live Broadcasting, and finally imagining what kind of long-term relationship we want with our audience. In our final session we will look at the potential of VR and AR for future events.
The ENCATC Breakfast trainings are our commitment to help our members, our community, and our sector address the challenges of working in a digital environment with the necessary new skills and competences.
Breakfast training calendar
Register to attend the Breakfasts individually or register for the entire 6-part series package!
1. The Attention Economy & Festival Case Studies – 1 July 2021 at 9:30-10:30 (CEST)
How does Social Media work in an age of information excess?
2. Digital History & Curation - 8 July 2021 at 9:30-10:30 (CEST)
What does a history of Social media tell us about the nature of the medium?
3. Live - 15 July 2021 at 9:30-10:30 (CEST)
The role of live social media broadcasting
4. Fragments & Trailers & Headlines - 28 July 2021 at 9:30-10:30 (CEST)
How to tell good stories online & brainstorming your festival idea
5. Branding & Trust & Concept Testing - 29 July 2021 at 9:30-10:30 (CEST)
Personal branding & Social Capital & Crowdfunding
6. An Immersive Future - 29 July 2021 at 10:30-11:30 (CEST)
Digital Playgrounds and VR & AR and Podcast
The ENCATC Breakfasts are done with the support of the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.
What are the 9 rules for social media storytelling?
Our trainer, Chris Hogg has 9 rules you will gain a deeper understanding of during this training series! How many are you familiar with now? Do you know their pitfalls to watch out for, examples of best practices, and how to integrate them succcessfully into your post-Covid social media strategy?
- Curation - There's way too much information out there. Turn all that information into knowledge and people will thank you.
- Algorithms - Social Media Platforms are desperate for the social media party to never end. They always rewards real people talking to real people, because they are at the party.
- Fragments - You have 6 seconds to make an impact
- Reciprocity - Before you ask anything from people on Social Media. You have to pay with your valuable content and personal attention.
- Social Capital - Social Media is a bank in which you store trust.
- Authenticity - We all know when we are walking on fake grass. So will your audience. Keep it conversational, keep it real.
- Patterns in Chaos - Regularity of posting creates order in a chaotic timeline.
- Design - The better your design, the more people assume that ALL your information is high quality.
- Play - The real meaning of the digital term 'Engagement' is play. All social media is an invitation, a trailer to more play.
To make a reservation for the event "Post-Covid social media strategy, a special 6-part series", click the button below.